Importance of a Clean Airbnb
- First Impressions: A clean space immediately sets a positive tone for the guest’s stay.
- Safety: Proper cleaning eliminates allergens, bacteria, and viruses.
- Reviews: A sparkling clean property often leads to better reviews.
- Increased Bookings: Potential guests are more likely to book a space that has glowing cleanliness reviews.
Airbnb Cleaning Tips
- Checklist: Create a cleaning checklist to ensure every part of your property gets attention.
- High-Touch Surfaces: Prioritize cleaning doorknobs, light switches, remote controls, and other frequently touched surfaces.
- Linen and Beddings: Always provide fresh linens and make sure to launder them between guests.
- Deep Cleaning: Periodically, do a deep clean to address areas that might get less attention during regular cleanings, like behind furniture or inside ovens.
- Supply Essentials: Always restock toiletries, cleaning supplies, and other essentials.
Airbnb Enhanced Cleaning Protocol
Due to global health concerns, Airbnb introduced an Enhanced Cleaning Protocol. This program offers guidelines on how to clean rooms and what to focus on:
- Prepare: Gather necessary supplies and always wear protective gear.
- Clean: Dust and clean surfaces, especially high-touch spots.
- Sanitize: Use disinfectants approved by health authorities.
- Check: Review your cleaning checklist to ensure no spot is missed.
- Reset: Ensure the room is ready for the next guest, safely restock items, and dispose of or clean gear. Hosts can commit to this protocol and, once they fulfill certain criteria, get a special highlight on their listing.
Hiring Cleaning Services
Some hosts opt to hire professional cleaning services (Live Clean Today) to maintain their property. Considerations when hiring include:
- Cost: Some hosts incorporate the cleaning fee into their listing price.
- Availability: Ensure the service can clean between guest check-out and check-in times.
- Experience: Hire services with experience in vacation rental cleaning, as it can differ from standard home cleaning.
Setting Cleaning Fees on Airbnb
When setting up your listing, you can add a cleaning fee. This fee is separate from your nightly rate and can help cover cleaning costs.
- Transparency: Clearly mention the cleaning fee so guests aren’t surprised.
- Comparison: Check out cleaning fees of similar listings in your area to remain competitive.
- Reviews: Make sure the cleanliness matches what the guest is paying. Overcharging for a subpar cleaning job can lead to negative reviews.
A clean Airbnb is essential for a successful hosting experience. Whether hosts opt to clean themselves or hire professionals, maintaining a hygienic and inviting space will lead to better reviews, more bookings, and happier guests.